Sunday, February 12, 2012

We Will Always Love You

News broke yesterday (February 11, 2012) that one of the greatest voices in music has died. To be honest, I don't even know how to react. I was in shocked when I found out about it through twitter. On that moment, flashbacks of my childhood listening to I Will Always Love You, Run to You, I Wanna Dance with Somebody, to name a few hits. Known for her voice, The Voice, Whitney Houston was one of the many female artists that many of today's singers looked up to. The power, the inflections, the runs, the distinct tone of her voice made her one-of-a-kind, a divine diva, a legend. She was able to capture the audience, through her interpretations of songs and heart-felt delivery that she need not over-sing. All that one has to do was listen and be captivated by her regalness and charismatic stage presence.

One of these days, I want to do a tribute and perform a mash-up of her top-charting songs. If only I had the instruments to back me up. But, a simple medley will do just fine, as a way to celebrate her life and her mark that made everyone in the world love her, aspire to be her, sound like her, sing like her. Nothing compares to her. I know that she's up there singing with the angels. We Will Always Love You Whitney Houston! 

source: http://www.classicwhitney.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment