Sunday, February 19, 2012

Three Day Weekend

Cheers to the three day weekend. . . drink to that. .  yeah yeah!!!! LOL.
First of all, it's been a while ya'll! Sorry for taking a small hiatus from bloggin'. The past month has been a whirl-wind of things that I didn't have any time to get on here and blog. SO what to do in a three day weekend? Well, I feel like this weekend just flew by, I mean, I get the fact that we have Monday off but it still didn't really feel like much of a break.

Tonight, my co-workers and I had the privilege to see the Disney on Ice show. Thanks for the great bosses that we have at 826DC, Dillon gave her four interns the tickets; which by the way was a story of it's own: Dillon, our programs/volunteer coordinator gave me an assignment (much like a mission) to run to Pennsylvania Ave., to the Mayor's Office (big ass building) and meet some guy to pick-up a special envelope. As he was handing them to me, he made a quick speech about how much he appreciates 826DC and the service that we provide for the community. In my head, I was thinking the contents inside the envelope, perhaps money (donation) of some sort, another thank you letter, whatever it was, I made sure it was safe and sound. When I finally reached the 826DC center, I gave it to my supervisor and apologized for taking my sweet time only to fetch an envelope. Once I started working, she came up to me and asked if I was free Sunday evening and I replied a quick yes with hesitation (picture my face turning slowly, eyes squinting, and slowly saying the word out). I asked why, and she said that she wants to give us (four interns) the tickets to Disney on Ice- 100 years of Magic! From the moment she said Disney, I almost cried (of course I faked it but, hey.. ) LOL. I was ecstatic to find out that the envelope that I was holding the entire time was actually tickets to the show. In return, I said a thousand thank you's to Dillon and how amazing she is.

During the show, my co-worker and I went to where we were supposed to be and to find out that they were suite tickets!!!! (a.k.a. VIP access!!!). The moment that we saw the room, both of us turned to each other with pure amazement, like a kid in a candy shop, and had a 'white-girl-moment.' Of course, I took some pictures to post on my facebook, and a couple of videos. Man, it was awesome. Although there were minor falls from the skaters, it was alright; with big costumes and big production like that, I couldn't even fathom the pressure.

When my other co-worker mentioned something about a free show happening at the National Art Gallery, I decided to tag along with her and leave early after intermission. Although I didn't get to see the entirety of the show, I was fine with it. The mission to get to the Gallery was a work-out. The guy that works in Verizon Center told us the wrong the direction to the gallery and made us walk in a huge circle where we could have spent only ten minutes to get there instead of entire half an hour or so. When we got to the gallery, we thought we were going to be the cut-off since the place was already packed with people- because of the fact that it was a free show- but thank goodness we were able to get in had snatch a couple of seats for the both of us. After intermission, we went to where my co-worker's friends were sitting and was able to sit by them; thank you for the generous man who offered us the seats. After the show, we went to this restaurant, a brewery of some sort, and devoured our meal; well, at least I did: literally, inhaled that awesome burger. MMM... sooo filling. Then, we decided to catch the metro and had fun conversing and sharing some laughs along the way. It was an awesome time. I had a wonderful Sunday night.

A Sunday night that's not yet over. I still have to visit some friends and come back to my room to catch up on t.v. episodes. Overall, this was one of the best Sundays ever. I have to come back to The National Gallery of Arts and get lost in that place. OOO it's soo pretty and HUGE!  I hope ya'll had a wonderful Sunday as well. I hope to posts some poetry soon. Can you imagine that February is almost over? Time is surely flying. I feel like this is the perfect time to really explore D.C.

Speaking of exploring, I was supposed to go to NYC this weekend but due to some planning difficulties/issues, I wasn't able to go; thank goodness I didn't!!! LOL. I'll just wait till March, when it's actually a little warmer, that way I'm not freezing my ass off while trying to bite a piece of the big apple. OO I can't wait for more adventures to come!

Song of the week: One Republic- Good Life

source: http://weknowmemes.com/2011/11/wasted-the-whole-three-day-weekend/

No comments:

Post a Comment