Thursday, January 12, 2012

Waiting to Hatch

The Capitol
Washington Monument

                                 

 Every time . . . I would wake up and slap myself; A reminder that I'm not in Cali anymore. Places are different, intersections are different, the way people live are different, lifestyle's different, people are different, let's face it, it's different! This part of the east-coast is really something that's taking me forever to get used to. I feel like I'm one of those snakes who would shed skin soooooo slowly and not instantly; I'm that one fish in the plastic bag that needs to be dipped in the aquarium for a good half-an-our to get used to the water temperature. For some reason, I don't know why it's taking forever for me to really groove with the city. Two weeks it's almost been, and I still need to rely on my smartphone for directions to/from work. 

But alas I'm starting to get a hang of it by the time I ended work today. I was able to find my way back to the center with little to help from my phone. I'm starting to remember the streets that I like where life is plentiful, shops and food places are recognizable, the smell of the air almost usual. 

Like they always say, one must be take baby-steps in order to fully grow and experience the journey. I think I'm getting there. I mean, I always walk to work, so I'm hoping by the time the third week comes in, the "journey" would just "grow" on me. LOL. JK. 

In all seriousness, I'm not going to push myself and act like I *heart*/xoxo/L.O.V.E. the city. . . I guess I just need time. Time that would always seem to zoom by, not even stopping for a moment to say hi. . . in reality it's always goodbye. (#sidenote: notice how some sentences rhyme? Yeah, I'm trying to improve my poetry skills by doing so. It's fun, you should ty! (see what I did there? MMhhhhMMM) bitch don't lie! (BAM!!! LOL!) seriously though, writing has been my outlet since I got here. It's hard to dance/sing where there's no place to do it! Ridiculous, I kNOW!)

*Sigh* For the time being, I shall hit the hay and catch some z's before I start another day. I have class tomorrow, be in a meeting, do laundry, yeah it's alright, because tomorrow's Friday! (BAM!!!! WAAAHHH???!!!). XD

   

No comments:

Post a Comment