Sunday, January 29, 2012

Five Cents Per Page

UGH.


I don't even know how to start this post. I just need to let it all out. 
I hate the UC system. We paid so much money to be in the program and study here in D.C. (which is really expensive to live in. There's no such thing as middle-class in this city. You're either poor or rich.) UGH. Anyhow, It's ridiculous how we have to pay for laundry, pay to print stuff, pay to have visitors stay in our apartment, it's just too much. The catalyst of this rent happened a while ago when I decided to go to the computer lab and print my articles for my literature review; when I went in the in there, people were already hogging the computers that actually work and left the vacant ones (either the computer doesn't want to turn on or the keyboard decided to not respond) for me to check and find out that the system is vacuum sucking all our money out of our pockets. I bet private colleges let you print for free, but being in a public university acting like it's a private institution, FUCK that. 


Not too long ago, I was having a conversation in class with a friend who attends the University of Michigan and  he told me that they get one thousand dollars stipend for transportation and miscellaneous things from their school. With that, I responded with my jaw dropping on the ground and letting all the bullshit enter my system. First of all, for the UC system not support us in the same way Michigan supports their students for something like studying a semester in the nation capital, is insane. Secondly, the UC provides housing for Michigan, University of Pennsylvania,  and Australian students and stay here in the UC Center with the rest of the UC students. That's totally not fair! With the exception of Notre Dame students only taking classes here at the center and them living in a different building, but still. Notre Dame students also get 'support' from their school to spend on transportation and daily needs. And as Penn students go, judging by it being one the 'Ivy Leagues', I wouldn't be surprise if they also 'support' their students. UGH. Why UC why?! 


Le Sigh. The program itself is a really good experience. All I'm saying is how the UC system treat it's students unfairly and shitty. I know that I always say that it doesn't matter what school a person choose to attend for his/her Undergraduate studies, but unless the school is the University of California, where the funding is cut by the state, where tuition is hiked up, the system is not as appealing and worth it as it used to be. UGH. I know that there's no such thing as 'free' but the amount of total tuition we pay per semester, it's simply outrageous for 'them' to not even 'support' us enough for our basic needs. Since the program is UCDC, they should have 'spoiled' its UC students like how the other Universities in the program (mind you, all are private) support their students. Furthermore, it only makes us even more homesick and want to experience Cali weather, Cali food, Cali culture, Cali people. I HELLA, LIKE, MISS CALIFORNIA! LOL. SIGH. UGH. LOL! Whatever. I'm done ranting.


After a good day sleeping in and going to mass, I feel cleansed and ready to tackle this week. BRING IT!!!!!


source: http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-angry-pig-image15673850

No comments:

Post a Comment