Thursday, January 26, 2012

Reflection

Today is Thursday (01/26/2012).
               As I sit in the front desk looking out, I notice the grey clouds hovering over the busy intersection where pedestrians and drivers are in constant battle of 'who rules the road.' Constant motion, constant flow like the ocean, different notion, different motivation, different life stories, different narration. 


It's funny how one has to pay for plastic bags here. So most people just bring their own re-usable bags to carry around. Californians are so privileged for not having to pay extra for plastic bags. I'm not sure such law will be imposed in the golden state anytime soon, but I think it's a good idea. A good way to conserve  and live a sustainable life. At least that's one of the purposes that such Bill is enacted here in D.C. (I think, not really sure). 


What still bugs me is the fact that I lost my ipod shuffle. Sure my smart phone provides mp3 capabilities to  play musi but, not being able to turn up the volume loud enough is one of it's limitations. The sound is not just full enough that when I try to increase the volume to it's loudest, the sound would muffle with cracking sounds and falter. A sound in which the song is being destroyed.. ooo I hate when I hear that. For now, my phone will do. 


Being broke in a city is not a fun way to enjoy what it offers. I'm limited to what I can actually afford and not over spend. I'd prefer working a part-time job but my schedule is not flexible enough. Oh I wish my internship pays. . . even a stipend will do. . . but what can I do? Lately, I've been ignoring the fact that sooner or late, I will have to call my mom and ask for 'support.' Which I hate doing. I feel like she has enough on her plate that I don't want her to worry about me. That's why most of college career, I rely on aid. Hey, it's a good way to budget.  Prioritizing and learning to manage my finances allowed me to fully realize how hard life is and how hard-working my parents are: providing food and shelter for me and my siblings, only earning minimum wage. For that reason, I miss them dearly. 


It's daunting to think about how I will be graduating in May. I hate the fact that after that, I have to find a way to support myself, make something out of my college degree--somehow-- and be able to help my parents. To be honest, i don't really know what to do after college. I feel like I could just be a student for the rest of my life. . . but think about the loans I have to pay after till my last breath. UGH. Why is education not free? Someone please tell me why? *break into singing mode* Tell me why?! Ain't nothing but a heart ache. . . Tell me why?! . .  ani't nothing but a mistake. . . tell me why. . . I never wanna hear you say. . . I want it that way. I'm such a dork. I know! And I bet you're weird too! DORK! LOL!


*Sigh* Life is but a dream. Darn right it is. I'm still trying to figure out what to do in it. Do you have a clue of what you want to do? Please share, I want to hear it all from you too. 


source: http://www.thelensflare.com/imgs/morning-reflection_523.html



No comments:

Post a Comment