Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Countdown

This week. . . I don't even want to think about it.
People are leaving. . .
Quarter students of the UCDC Program are leaving by the end of this week. It's sad to think about it. Most of my new friends that I've met are quarter students. :(
It seemed like it was just yesterday when I was moving in with them and started to connect with people through my next door neighbors. I know that they're going back to California and if I have some free time, I would visit them when I come back, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to since I'm going to try and grind it out and work after I graduate. Can you believe it? I'm graduating this May! I'm scared. Time sure is flying fast. I don't even want to think about it.
Through this experience. . . I've learned so much about myself, about other people, and how much we take California for granted. D.C. is great. . . for working individuals/young professionals.  Everyone is grinding it and trying to move up the career ladder. It's a great city in that aspect, but I wouldn't living here permanently... I would feel stressed and not have time to chill. No beach, no amusement parks, not even a park; Museums, national landmarks, bars/clubs/lounges, and a bunch of burger places are the places to check out to unwind instead.
*Sigh* When my friends leave, the next few weeks would be so depressing. I won't hear laughter next door, crazy people running around, crazy people knocking on my door for a while; Until the new set of quarter students come in. Then, it's time to make new friends again. :(
But what can you do. . . we have to move on. That's just how life is.

source: http://tamiboesiger.blogspot.com/2010/12/top-ten-countdown.html

No comments:

Post a Comment