Thursday, May 3, 2012

#ShitJustGotReal

UGH. As much as I hate the phrase; "shit just got real," it's in fact true. Now that I'm back from D.C., I had no idea that life here in the West Coast is very. . . slow?. . . chill (that's a better word), compared to the East Coast. To be honest, I miss it over there. I miss the lifestyle and the way everything is structured and laid-out. Perhaps one of the reasons why I feel that way is because it's different; different from the usual, different from what I've grown accustomed  to, different from how my life is now, different. . . . in a way that I feel like I belong there. Isn't that weird? At least that's how I feel about it. Now that I'm back from D.C., I've been out of the loop lately. I feel like, I don't belong here anymore and that I'm just counting down my days for when I finally walk across that stage and be done with school. Seeing how everyone is heading out in different directions, I feel like, shit really just got real: Some will stay for another year to finish up, some will go right on ahead to grad school, some would take a year off and go to grad school, and the rest, (*raises hand* OOO like me), will try to get assimilated into the world of adulthood: cultured with responsibilities, priorities, and daily  routines that actually gets an individual paid hourly from doing so. Yes, shit just got real, but I feel like it's been like that since the time when we all graduated high school. Real in a sense that the majority of us decided to continue on to college, while the rest bravely tackled "reality."

As commencement day is fast approaching, I'm even more nervous about life after college. I have till the end of this month to at least snatch a job and not be stuck at home. Pressure is even more apparent than ever. Shit, now that's real. I know it's serious shit, but why stress over it? I keep telling myself that but, 'myself-self' is still processing the idea and is still squeezing the stress ball. As long as I put my mind into it, things will eventually fall into place. Keyword: eventually. We all know that it's not happening over night but, keeping a positive attitude is always the key. Now that I'm back, I'm seeing this as a foreword in my life: an introduction to how my chapters unfold. I know ya'll are tired about hearing cliche shit over and over again. It's real shit ok?! I can't help it. LOL.

Another day is coming, time is flying. Life is not as easy, breezy, beautiful, cover, girl, I know it's cheesy. Honey, what you need today? "Love you long time," is always what I say. Shit just got real, no shit, life is the greatest deal, it goes on, ya feel?

Source: http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/top-60-graduation-songs-or-music-for-graduation-video-presentation/


No comments:

Post a Comment